CHROMEBOOK 1:1 INSURANCE
- Parents are required to pay the mandatory insurance fee in order for their child/children to take the district issued device home for use.
- Insurance is provided by Go Care. The Technology Office will handle all claims for any device. The Technology Office will document the issue and collect the device for repair.
- Payment of Insurance Plan Fees will be accepted, annual insurance plan fees cover: mechanical failure accidental damage, theft, burglary, liquid spills, liquid submersion, natural disasters, power surge due to lightning, fire/flood damage, and vandalism. This insurance plan will protect the item on and off school grounds and is also transferable to a replacement unit.
- Chromebooks that are broken or fail to work properly must be reported immediately to the teacher and/or library media specialist so that a proper insurance claim can be created by the Technology Office for immediate repair. This includes but is not limited to: Chrome OS (operating system), battery issues, loss of Internet connectivity, failure of apps to launch, etc.
- In the event of theft, vandalism, or other criminal acts, the student/parent/guardian MUST file a report with the local police department, and submit a copy to the school. The fee for a lost Chromebook will be the full replacement cost of the device. A replacement device will not be issued until documentation is complete and fees are paid in full.
- If deemed necessary, a replacement will be issued if there is one available.
- A student borrowing a Chromebook must sign a loaner agreement. Students will be responsible for caring for the loaner and are subject to charges for damages, theft, or loss.