General Care and Precautions
- Chromebook battery must be fully charged before the start of each school day.
- Do not remove the carrying case/protective cover that is provided by the district.
- Do not tamper with the Nutley Public Schools logo, identification tag, or asset tag on the Chromebook.
- Vents should not be covered.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the Chromebook.
- Chromebooks and chargers should be kept away from food and drinks, small children, and pets.
- Chromebooks must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, or labels that are not the property of the Nutley Public School District.
- Chromebooks must never be left in an unlocked car or any unsupervised area in or outside of school. Unsupervised areas include the school grounds, the lunchroom, bathrooms, unlocked classrooms, and hallways. If a Chromebook is found in an unsupervised area, it should be immediately reported to the teacher or an administrator.
Chromebook Screen Care
The Chromebook screen is particularly sensitive and can be easily damaged if subjected to rough treatment and excessive pressure. Protect the Chromebook screen by following the rules below.
- Do not lift Chromebooks by the screen. When moving a Chromebook support it from the bottom with the lid closed.
- Clean the screen with a soft, dry anti-static, or micro-fiber cloth. DO NOT use window cleaner or any type of liquid or water on the Chromebook.
- Do not lean or place anything on top of the Chromebook.
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g., pens, pencils, notebooks).
- Do not place anything near the Chromebook that could put pressure on the screen.
- Do not wedge the Chromebook into a book bag or place anything in the carrying case/protective cover that will press against the cover as this will damage the screen.
- Do not poke the screen.
- Carry your Chromebook with the District issued carrying case/protective cover at all times.
- Never carry the Chromebook while the screen is open.
- Do not transport Chromebook with the power cord inserted.
Storing Your Chromebook
- Chromebooks should never be left in vehicles or a location that is not temperature controlled.
- Chromebooks should be stored safely at all times, especially during extra-curricular events.
- Chromebooks should never be shoved into a locker, placed on the bottom of a pile or wedged into a book bag as this may break the screen.
- Never store your Chromebook in your backpack with the power cord inserted.
Asset Tags and Logos
- All Chromebooks are engraved with a Nutley Public Schools’ logo. Asset tags are also attached to each Chromebook.
- Asset tags and logos may not be modified or tampered with in any way. Students may be charged up to the full replacement cost of a Chromebook for tampering with a school asset tag logo or turning in a Chromebook without a district asset tag or logo.
- Only labels, decals, stickers approved by NPS may be applied to the device.