Strategic Plan 2018-2023
In March 2018, a survey was sent to all district families, staff, community members for their input on the 2018-2013 Strategic Plan and its development. The opportunity to take the survey was also posted to the district website, social media platforms and on TAP Into Nutley. A copy of the April 2018 presentation on the survey results can be found here.
Based on the 847 survey responses, five focus areas rose to the top: Curriculum and Programs; Health and Wellness; Configuration and Infrastructure; Safety and Security and Communications. Meetings were held, and open to the public, in May and June of 2018. It became clear that the communications area was not a standalone committee, but rather served the Strategic Plan and district better if it became part of each focus area.
In the summer of 2018, the district’s Administration Team met, with each member joining one of our four Action Teams:
- challenges that foster curiosity, growth, and confidence.
- integrity in person, action, and process.
- safe, inspirational communities.
- respectful, supportive, resourceful, and independent citizens.
- persistent, collaborative, open communicators.
The mission of the Nutley Public Schools is to challenge, inspire, and empower students to become creative, confident, passionate, self-directed citizens who actively and purposefully contribute in our global society.
The Nutley Public School system is a sustainable, integrated, efficient, and innovative school district that serves as the unifying and driving force in the community’s effort to affect measurable growth as students develop into confident, responsible, productive, self-directed citizens who pursue excellence through personal, research-based, rigorous learning toward district established standards that fosters an on-going pursuit of excellence.
Behaviors that we want to ensure are part of our culture.
- Establish open and continuous communication to engage all stakeholders in the process of achieving our objectives.
- Inspire and energize students, staff, and all other members of our community to embrace, commit to, and collectively work towards achieving each of our strategic objectives.
- Identify and utilize active partnerships with community organizations to support the achievement of our objectives.
- Utilize only the existing resources that support student achievement and acquire new resources necessary to satisfy our objectives.
Behaviors we want to ensure are not part of our culture.
We will not:
- Continue to utilize resources or processes or promote beliefs that do not support student achievement.
- Implement new programs or services without the necessary professional development and support.
- Allow ineffective past practice to interfere with the consideration of new ideas.
- Pursue changes in policy or practice without defining what the change is, why it is necessary, who is responsible for its implementation and when it will be accomplished.