September 4, 2020
Dear Nutley Parents, Staff and Community,
The New Jersey Department of Agriculture has had the federal meal program grant extended and the Nutley Public Schools will continue to feed all Nutley resident children under the age of 18 breakfast and lunch, daily, until we are able to return to the buildings for in-school instruction.
This is a reminder that there is no meal service on Friday September 4. The meal distribution continues on Tuesday, September 8.
Meal pick-up will still be Tuesdays and Fridays at John H. Walker Middle School. Curbside pick-up of meals will take place outside of the Middle School gym.
Please access the drive-through by entering from Hillside Crescent (off of Chestnut Street). Contact free pick up is available by allowing access to the trunk of your car. If you are walking up, please wear a face covering at all times.
Pick up is between 10:30AM and 1:30PM Tuesday and Friday.
- When possible, last names beginning with letters A-M should pick-up between 10:30 AM and 12:00 noon.
- When possible, last names beginning with letters N-Z should pick-up between 12:00 noon and 1:30 PM
- Any child under the age of 18 can pick up the meals for the family. Students will receive lunch and breakfast for each day covering Monday through Friday. Volunteers will have families sign for the meals and maintain the roster.
- Any adult 18 years or older who is requesting meals will be required to show proof of Nutley residency (driver’s license, utility bill, lease document, etc.) and provide children’s names and ages. Failure to provide the necessary Nutley residency documentation will result in a denial of grab and go meals.
- No resident will be denied services, as we continue our partnership with the Nutley Family Service Bureau. The Nutley Family Service Bureau maintains the community food pantry responding to the needs of those among us who experience food insecurity. If a person or family needs additional food support, they are instructed to call 973-667-1884. Information is also available on the NFSB website, https://www.nutleyfamily.org/food-pantry
All Nutley resident children under the age of 18 regardless of school or eligibility for free/reduced lunch are able to be provided with fresh grab and go meals by our food service provider Pomptonian at the distribution location.