Chromebook Insurance Payment
We are excited to continue providing all students in grades 4-12 with Chromebooks as per our 1:1 Chromebook Program in Nutley Public Schools.
A Chromebook is a laptop that runs off Google’s web-based Chrome operating system and allows students to store and access information on the cloud (free digital storage space accessible from any Internet connection). These devices also incorporate many Google Workspace for Education products including G-Mail, Calendar, Google Drive, and Google Apps for Education. These tools provide greater ease and ability for communication and collaboration with other students and also between students and staff.
For this program to remain viable, the District requires Chromebook insurance to be purchased through Nutley Public Schools prior to deployment of the Chromebook to your child, and then paid annually as a recurring fee.
Chromebook Insurance Information
Annual Chromebook Insurance for the 2023-24 school year will be $30.00, per device - payable via myschoolbucks.com
- The insurance policy offers protection in the unfortunate event of "accidental damage or mechanical breakdown."
- Accidental Damage - Damage from drops, such as cracks, dings, housing damage, or shattered screens. Liquid damage, from spills to full submersion.
- Mechanical Breakdown - Mechanical and electrical failures. Defective buttons or connectivity ports.
- Insurance Deductible Fee* - $20.00
*The insurance plan has no deductible for the first occurrence/claim only; this is separate from the annual insurance payment. Subsequent occurrences/claims within the same calendar year may necessitate a $20 co-payment from the parent/guardian or student.
Please note that Insurance does not cover intentional damage or loss. Please see the Handbook and related policies for more information.
Required Paperwork Information
The student and his/her parent or legal guardian must sign a Consent and Waiver Agreement and Anti-Big Brother Compliance Notice (required paperwork) on an annual basis before the student can utilize any of the school districts' computer networks/computers and the Internet. The required paperwork must be completed along with payment for the Chromebook Insurance on MySchoolBucks - it is posted as an electronic form. Prior to completing the paperwork, read the important documents listed below:
Important Documents: The NPS 1:1 Chromebook Handbook for Students and Parents and Board of Education Policybook:
- 2361 Acceptable Use of Computer Network/Computers and Resources (Regulation, Policy)
- 5513 Care of School Property (Policy)
- 7523 School District Provided Technology Devices to Students (Policy)
Complete the required paperwork (electronic form) and pay for Chromebook Insurance with MySchoolBucks.
To get started:
1. Login to MySchoolBucks.com or Create a New Account by Selcting Sign Up Today!
2. Make Sure your Students are Added to your Account
3. Visit School Store and Select Chromebook Insurance 2023-24
4. Review and Agree to Terms
5. Checkout with your Credit/Debit Card.
Chromebook Insurance for the 2022-23 school year will be $30.00, per device.
Please note that pricing is automatically adjusted on MySchoolBucks for students who receive free or reduced lunch.