New Student Registration
Please read all instructions carefully before beginning the registration process.
Welcome to Nutley Public Schools! To register a child for school, parents should (1) print out and complete the Student Registration Packet, (2) complete the Online Pre-registration Form, and (3) submit the Student Registration Packet with enrollment documents. Documents can be submitted via digital upload or Red Mail Box located in the front of John Walker Middle School. Further explanation is listed:
- (1) Student Registration Packet- Print and complete this packet. Be sure to complete all pages and sign where parent signatures are required. Forms that are not signed where required will be rejected, delaying the registration. Please follow the checklist in this packet to gather all necessary Registration Documentation. A link to this packet is listed following #3.
- (2) Online Pre-registration Form- We are pleased to offer parents/guardians a secure, online web-based system to pre-register their child for school. Please be sure to include all parents/guardians information, regardless of whether parents reside together. Emergency contacts are important information, so please take a minute to add them into the system by clicking ‘add additional contact’ when prompted. After completing the Online Pre-Registration, an email will be generated with directions for document submission. The email will be sent to the first parent email that you list in your preregistration. A link to begin this Pre-registration is listed following #3.
- (3) Digital Document Upload/Mail Box - Follow the digital upload directions in your email to submit your necessary documentation. Instead of digital upload, parents may choose to submit documents via Mail Box. The Red Mail Box is located on school days beginning March 4th in front of John Walker Middle School, 325 Franklin Avenue, from 8:00am-8:00pm. Be sure to put the documents in an envelope with your child’s name on it. Please do not ring the school doorbell to hand in paperwork!
There are no in-person registrations at this time. Please contact the Registration Office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-320-8494.
Click Here For Affidavit Packet (if needed)
Parents must provide all of the following residency information:
- N.J. driver’s license, town ID with Nutley address, or any other form of photo identification.
- Current utility bills (one of each) including PSE&G, water, cable, and a phone bill.
- In addition, homeowners need a mortgage statement or tax bill.
- Renters, a certified landlord statement and lease must be provided at the time of registration.
Parents must also provide the following documents for the child being registered:
1. Original birth certificate
2. Custody papers (if applicable)
3. Health Records (VACCINATIONS):
- DTP (4 doses) including Tdap after 10th birthday
- Polio (3 doses)
- Measles (2 dose) Mumps (1 dose) Rubella (1 dose) OR MMR (2 doses)
- Varicella (1 dose)
- Hepatitis B (3 child doses OR 2 adult doses - age 11-15)
- Meningococcal (1 dose) upon entering Grade 6 and 11 years old
- Haemophilus influenza B (Hib) Age 2-11 months (2 doses) Age 12-59 months (1 dose)
- Influenza (1 dose yearly - age 12-59 months)
Mantoux IS required if student is transferring from outside of the U.S. and coming from certain countries with a high incidence of Tuberculosis.