Dear Class of 2020 Students, Parents, and Guardians,
We are pleased to announce that we will be holding an in-person celebration of the Class of 2020 on Thursday, July 9th. The rain date will be on Friday, July 10th (same time sessions). The celebration will take place at Monsignor Owens Field, 44 Park Avenue, Nutley NJ (please see directions for arrival/student drop-off and parking).
ANYONE ATTENDING THE GRADUATION CELEBRATION (STUDENTS, PARENTS, GUESTS) MUST WEAR A MASK. IF YOU HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OR IF YOU ARE FEELING SICK, PLEASE STAY HOME. IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY TRAVELED FROM ONE OF THE STATES THAT IS REQUIRED TO SELF-QUARANTINE, PLEASE ABIDE BY NEW JERSEY REQUIREMENTS AND STAY HOME. THE CELEBRATION WILL BE LIVE-STREAMED AND CAN BE ACCESSED AT THE LINKS BELOW.
The session times are below:
Session 1 - 9:30-11:00AM (Student last names A-L). Please arrive at 8:30 AM.
Session 2 - 12:00-1:30PM (Student last names M-Z). Please arrive at 11:30 AM.
● ONLY TWO FAMILY MEMBERS PER GRADUATE MAY ATTEND. Family attending session 1 must present grey tickets. Session 2 family members must present maroon tickets. Individuals without tickets will not be permitted to enter.
● Students and parents will all be required to wear face coverings/masks and also follow social distancing guidelines as prescribed by the Governor’s Executive Health Order, including in the seating areas.
● Students are also reminded to bring/wear their cap and gown.
● Students are expected to follow ALL school policies and procedures. Failure to comply with school policies and the code of conduct will result in removal from the celebration.
● Please be aware that the heat index will be quite high. If you have any health issues that are exacerbated by the heat, please consider staying home and watching the live stream.
● There is no food allowed on the field, but you may bring a water bottle
● Our permitted items procedures will be in place at these events. Details can be found here.
Directions for arrival, drop-off and parking:
Parent(s)/Guardian(s) and their student will arrive in one car. Students will be dropped off in the Monsignor Owens Parking Lot (same lot used for the Raider Ride). Once parents drop off their student, they will be directed to park by police and school personnel.
Students will be guided to the staging area by school personnel in order to be organized alphabetically. Once parents park their vehicles they will be asked to enter the stands by walking up the path from the Park Avenue lots. Parents will present tickets and enter the stands to the left. (THERE WILL BE NO ACCESS ALLOWED FROM THE E. CENTRE STREET ENTRANCE)
Yearbook Pickup Reminder:
Yearbooks have arrived. At the end of each session on July 9th, students may go to pick up their yearbook (if they ordered one). If you did not purchase a yearbook, we have a number available to purchase for $100. Please bring cash or check made out to NHS. Yearbook pick up will take place on New Street at the NHS Greeter Station. Students/Parents will be required to remain in their cars. School Personnel will bring the yearbook to your vehicle. Please be sure to have a sign displayed with your first and last name so that school personnel can issue your yearbook. Students who will be arriving without a vehicle will be required to practice social distancing, as well as wear a face covering.
Class of 2020 Wrap Up
Due to the cancellation of senior events, the funds raised by the Class of 2020 will be disbursed among the seniors in the form of a gift card that will be available for pickup along with the yearbooks. Please stop by the Greeter Station after your assigned session to collect your card.