Nutley Public Schools
Request for Proposal
K-12 Social Studies Curriculum Writing
The Nutley Public Schools District invites qualified consultants to submit a proposal to assist, in collaboration with district personnel, its K-12 Social Studies curriculum writing process. The external consultant(s) will work with an internal task force to help re-write the curriculum.
The successful external consultant(s) will prepare a work plan and related budget based on the following performance expectations:
- External consultant(s) will work collaboratively with an internal district committee headed by the Assistant Superintendent, Director of Curriculum, and the district’s Social Studies Coordinator. The committee will also include faculty members representative of district schools and levels.
- External consultant(s) will help plan and facilitate curriculum writing workshops.
- The external consultant(s) will help launch the curriculum writing process.
- The external consultant(s) will support teachers as the curriculum writing process progresses.
The successful bidder may be an individual who serves as a prime contractor, a public or private education organization, or an ad hoc research and consulting group. The external consultant(s) must demonstrate familiarity with current research and effective practices in Social Studies instruction and curriculum.
The approximate timeline for this Social Studies Curriculum Writing process is as follows:
- RFP Dissemination October 2020
- Proposal Submission October/November 2020
- Contract Awarded November 2020
- Initial Meeting of External Teams March 2021
- Curriculum Writing March - June 2021
- Draft Curriculum Completed August/September 2021
Additional information about the district may be obtained from the district web site at www.nutleyschools.org
Proposals, including the professional vitae of all external consultant(s), must be submitted to Joseph Dwyer, K-12 Social Studies Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Nutley Public Schools, 315 Franklin Ave, Nutley, NJ 07110 by 3:30 p.m. by November 14, 2020.